We are currently recruiting for two asset care technicians to join the Asset Care team.
About the first role
The first role is a shift technician who will be required to work for our 24/7 business working 12 hour shifts. The weekly hours are 42 per week, divided into 3.5 shifts per week over a two week period. Hours are from 6.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. and from 6.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m. alternating. You will also be requested to complete a 15 minute handover per shift as overtime.
This role is responsible for first line maintenance, repairs and servicing of factory assets including injection moulding machines and ancillary equipment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintenance performance to plan including recording, resolving and escalating issues to meet defined Quality Criteria.
- Process control and continuous improvement Projects.
- Risk assess, Document and communicate process/services modifications
- Planned maintenance and manage Operator Asset Care to plan, including machine and services safety systems
- Problem solving within the department
- Identification of replacement parts and work to ensure the most cost effective option
About the second role
The second role is a technician to work on days from 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. to assist with engineering projects, continuous improvements and occasionally with shift breaks downs, when further assistance is required. This is a new role and will involve some training and development in the higher level technical skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Process control and continuous improvement projects
- Setting of new equipment /cells
- Documentation of risk assessments and process modifications as required
- Planned maintenance service plans
- Problem solving
Knowledge and skills required
Both roles require knowledge, skills and experience in:
- Mechanical/ electrical / electronic qualification at approved and certified national competence
- Process knowledge within moulding and process control
- Good understanding of all aspects of automation, including technical poke, yoke methodology
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent team working skills to work collaboratively with colleagues and communicate effectively in order to meet the business objectives
- Ability to assess risk and work safely
- Problem solving ability and attention to detail
Both roles offer competitive salaries starting from £32,000 to £35,000 per annum, dependant upon competences.
Holiday entitlement is 25 days per annum plus public holidays.
About the company
Weener Plastics is a full service global provider of innovative plastic packing solutions. The Company designs, develops and manufactures added value caps, closures, roll-on balls, jars and bottles for the Personal Care, Food and Beverage and Home Care markets.
The Company headquarters are based in Ede, the Netherlands, and employs approximately 4,700 people and has 27 facilities in 19 countries world-wide.
Please email Marina Maytum, HR Manager a copy of your CV and covering letter. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
06 Jul 2021